Thursday, December 11, 2008

NRA wants to allow students to carry concealed weapons

The day that some gutless state legislature (TX, anyone?) allows passage of a law permitting students to carry concealed weapons on campus is the day I--and Dharmonia--pick up and move to another state and job. Not out of fear for my safety--I've taken guns away from people before this--but because I will not work in an environment in which politicians of such cowardice permit the ratcheting-up of danger to my students.

And don't give me that bullshit about how it would "allow students to protect themselves in the event of a campus shooter incident." It might--but it would massively increase the odds of students themselves make stupid weapons decisions. More people die from firearms in the hands of people they know than are ever killed by "random shooters."

Gutless punks.

No comments: