Friday, January 23, 2009

Why the Republican congressional caucus are pissing themselves with fear...

Because we have a political leader who isn't afraid to go after them.

Via Politico

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

By: Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

And below, the President articulates his combat philosophy. He describes himself as a "counter-puncher," a combat strategy with which I empathize.

Best line? The last one, where he's talking about, first, trying to see an adversary's point of view. Then he adds, "And if I perceive that they're trying to take advantage of that, the I will crush them."

No comments: